DATE: Tuesday, July 10, 2018
7:30am – 9:00am
Stratengers, 212 Queen Street South, Bolton, L7E 4T7
PRA Executive Committee:
President: Warren Darnley, Chair: Brian Dunn, Treasurer: Warren Darnley, Secretary: Bret Teskey, Vice Chair: Vacant, Media & Webmaster: Bret Teskey, Educational Coordinator: Warren Darnley, Referral counter: Jeff Christian, Announcements: All
Today’s theme was, “Candidate Visit – Week 4”
Terence, Brian, Christine, Bret, George, Jeff
Thank you to everyone who took the time to speak during the infomercial round robin.
Thank you also to our guests; Annette Groves, Tony Rosa and Simon Burn for visiting.
Speaker: Annette Groves (Candidate for Ward 5 – Regional Councillor)
– Need to keep businesses open.
– Council meetings need needs of a divide.
– Caledon needs to be considered a whole (attention paid to Bolton and West side.)
– Councillors need engagement from citizens in form of advisory groups.
– Citizens need to be part of all decisions.
– Needs to be a partnership between municipality and business owners.
– Need another North-South road to alleviate traffic on HWY 50.
– Public transit encourages economic viability (can’t have campuses, for instance.)
– Growth is inevitable but we need money for the infrastructure.
– Need a Bolton transportation master plan.
– Not an overnight fix.
– Neighboring municipalities are growing which is affecting Caledon.
Speaker: Tony Rosa (Candidate for Ward 5 – Area Councillor)
– Opportunities for youth in Caledon (is an educator.)
– Hasn’t been much growth over the years (availability of facilities.)
– Need plan to keep business in town.
– Need places to showcase the arts.
– Increased tourism and hospitality opportunities.
– Shuttle bus for youth to Wonderland, Vaughan Mills, etc.
– Not enough engagement, not enough listening to town needs, not enough heart.
– Passion, willingness and trying to serve.
– Make Caledon the envy of the GTA.
– Solution provider by putting together an action plan.
– Plan to serve the people and bringing people’s ideas forward.
If anyone would like to come up with ideas for monthly or weekly themes and topics we can talk about, we would love to hear your ideas. Please email Brian at email@example.com.
If you haven’t already liked the Facebook page, please do so here.
If you are currently outstanding on your monthly fees, please bring a cheque to next week’s meeting or send payment via Interac e-Transfer to send to firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure you are up to date on your payments.
We will see everyone next Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 7:30am for Candidate Visit – Week 5.
- Posted by pra-admin
- On November 20, 2018
- 0 Comments