DATE: Tuesday, June 19, 2018
7:30am – 9:00am
Stratengers, 212 Queen Street South, Bolton, L7E 4T7
PRA Executive Committee:
President: Warren Darnley, Chair: Brian Dunn, Treasurer: Warren Darnley, Secretary: Bret Teskey, Vice Chair: Vacant, Media & Webmaster: Bret Teskey, Educational Coordinator: Warren Darnley, Referral counter: Jeff Christian, Announcements: All
Today’s theme was, “Candidate Visit – Week 2”
Melissa, Jason, Terence, Brian, Warren, Bret, George, David, John
Thank you to everyone who took the time to speak during the infomercial round robin.
Thank you also to our guests; Steve Conforti, Eric Solowka, Kevin Corrigan and Christine Gnass for visiting.
Speaker: Kevin Corrigan (Candidate for Ward 2 – Regional Councillor)
– Used to own independent Jaguar dealership.
– Started writing for Caledon Living, then Sideroads magazine, then The Caledon Enterprise.
– Very important to support local businesses.
– Need for open communication with other ward councillors.
– Bypass is a bit of an issue with its use, however, need to encourage its use more.
– Vehicle compliance needs to be enforced, OPP vehicle inspections.
– Encourage roundabouts (less fatalities – mainly sideswipes, speeds up traffic, not overly expensive.)
– Need to have better systems (common sense) for road planning to help commuting.
– Enforce littering fines.
– Need give and take between The Town of Caledon and residents (more understanding.)
Speaker: Steve Conforti (Candidate for Ward 5 – Area Councillor)
– Success of local business is extremely important.
– Repair disconnect between Caledon Chamber of Commerce and The Town of Caledon.
– Work with Ontario government to extend 427 north of Major MacKenzie.
– Need more GO Bus routes for locals to get downtown, Vaughan, Brampton, etc.
– Communication is key (sharing ideas on social media.)
– Need more recycling for businesses as well as more trash cans.
If anyone would like to come up with ideas for monthly or weekly themes and topics we can talk about, we would love to hear your ideas. Please email Brian at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you haven’t already liked the Facebook page, please do so here.
If you are currently outstanding on your monthly fees, please bring a cheque to next week’s meeting or send payment via Interac e-Transfer to send to email@example.com to ensure you are up to date on your payments.
We will see everyone next Tuesday, June 26, 2018 at 7:30am for Candidate Visit – Week 3.
- Posted by pra-admin
- On November 19, 2018
- 0 Comments