DATE: Tuesday, July 31, 2018
7:30am – 9:00am
Stratengers, 212 Queen Street South, Bolton, L7E 4T7
PRA Executive Committee:
President: Warren Darnley, Chair: Brian Dunn, Treasurer: Warren Darnley, Secretary: Bret Teskey, Vice Chair: Vacant, Media & Webmaster: Bret Teskey, Educational Coordinator: Warren Darnley, Referral counter: Jeff Christian, Announcements: All
Today’s theme was, “Candidate Visit – Week 7”
Christine, David, Terence, Brian, Bret
Thank you to everyone who took the time to speak during the infomercial round robin.
Thank you also to our guests; Angela Panacci and Allan Thompson for visiting.
Speaker: Angela Panacci (Candidate for Ward 5 – Regional Councillor)
– Need to revisit bylaws in efforts to solve “Fencegate.”
– Charge commercial landlords extra taxes for deficiencies or inconveniences (like fence.)
– All day parking for downtown to encourage the use of the bypass.
– Some commercial landlords use vacant commercial space as form of tax shelter.
– Must have Province on our side (previous government was not small business friendly.)
– Must maintain Bolton overall to keep all of Caledon flourishing.
Speaker: Allan Thompson (Candidate for Mayor)
– Need for expedited building permits.
– Bolton has seen an upturn in development.
– Revitalize the downtown core.
– Most decisions take 3-4 years to see outcome in full.
– “Fencegate” is a huge disappointment.
– Municipalities took the initiative for high speed internet.
– 70% of traffic is commuter traffic, not resident traffic.
– Not enough employment land (in terms of acreage.)
– Need to develop campus style industrial parks.
– 80% of land in Caledon is protected.
– Province used taxes for transit which sacrificed Caledon’s road budget.
– Trucks are necessary evil as it’s the main way goods get into Caledon.
– Telco’s responsible for high speed infrastructure.
If anyone would like to come up with ideas for monthly or weekly themes and topics we can talk about, we would love to hear your ideas. Please email Brian at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you haven’t already liked the Facebook page, please do so here.
If you are currently outstanding on your monthly fees, please bring a cheque to next week’s meeting or send payment via Interac e-Transfer to send to email@example.com to ensure you are up to date on your payments.
We will see everyone next on Tuesday, September 11, 2018. Have a wonderful break.
- Posted by pra-admin
- On November 20, 2018
- 0 Comments