DATE: Tuesday, June 12, 2018
7:30am – 9:00am
Stratengers, 212 Queen Street South, Bolton, L7E 4T7
PRA Executive Committee:
President: Warren Darnley, Chair: Brian Dunn, Treasurer: Warren Darnley, Secretary: Bret Teskey, Vice Chair: Vacant, Media & Webmaster: Bret Teskey, Educational Coordinator: Warren Darnley, Referral counter: Jeff Christian, Announcements: All
Today’s theme was, “Candidate Visit – Week 1”
Jason, Melissa, Terence, Bret, Brian, Warren, George, Shona, David
Thank you to everyone who took the time to speak during the infomercial round robin.
Thank you also to our guests; Barb Shaughnessy, Derek Clark, Christine Gnass, Kevin Robinson and Yvonne Garvey for visiting.
Speaker: Derek Clark (Candidate for Ward 3 & 4 – Regional Councillor)
– Looking to have more diversity of business on BIA, Chamber, etc.
– More employment opportunities for youth.
– 18% tax on corporate (should be doubled).
– Expand business outside of freight (looking for more tech jobs in Caledon).
– Looking for satellite offices for big companies in marketing and tech.
– Tech and pharmaceuticals important for supporting youth jobs.
– Council and region (funding) have to have clear communication.
– Needs to be a complete community, more than just residential sprawl.
– Currently no recorded votes at committee meetings (need more transparency).
– Need transparent communication between The Town and residents.
– The Town needs consequences to certain actions (for instance, there are no current consequences to The Town not granting a building permit)
Speaker: Barb Shaughnessy (Candidate for Mayor)
– Lack of transit is a factor in community.
– Youth need to explore but should settle in Caledon. Need a draw for youth.
– Affordable housing has different meaning in Caledon.
– Stronger incentives for what Caledon needs (building, jobs).
– Need to look at Caledon as a whole (all pay the same taxes).
– No one wants to see commercial development coming in before residential.
– We need to work together rather than be adversarial.
– Need to advocate at regional level.
– More advocacy all around is key.
– Councillors need to be held accountable.
– Need people in power with independent thought (passionate individuals).
If anyone would like to come up with ideas for monthly or weekly themes and topics we can talk about, we would love to hear your ideas. Please email Brian at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you haven’t already liked the Facebook page, please do so here.
If you are currently outstanding on your monthly fees, please bring a cheque to next week’s meeting or send payment via Interac e-Transfer to send to email@example.com to ensure you are up to date on your payments.
We will see everyone next Tuesday, June 19, 2018 at 7:30am for Candidate Visit – Week 2.
- Posted by pra-admin
- On June 26, 2018
- 0 Comments